Deemed Universities Set MBBS Fee between Rs 9-25 Lakh, Check out Details
The Medical Counselling Committee’s website fee reflection, which opened to medical aspirants on Wednesday seems to be clearly implying that the university affiliated colleges will continue to stay out of bounds for the financially weak though meritorious student.
The Medical Counselling Committee falls under the directives of the directorate-general of health services, Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, The students will be able to register themselves for their choice courses on the website from Friday.
the MCC website also provides details on the fee that will be charged by deemed medical colleges. The fee reflections are a clear indication to the fact that the deemed universities will be goingthe rich way, this year too.
“There is no rationale for allowing such a wide range of fee structure between Rs 9 lakh and Rs 25 lakh. The UGC, the MCI and the Central government have the responsibility to enforce a reasonable fee structure for the sector to enable meritorious students to study in such institutions,” said Dr S. Rajoo krishnan, former Joint Commissioner of entrance examinations.
“Everyone was under the impression that the fee in deemed universities will come down once NEET ranklist is made applicable to them. The government could have regulated their fees to a reasonable level on the strength of the Supreme Court order which made NEET applicable to the deemed universities also. However, sadly that has not happened. The SC order making NEET ranklist applicable to deemed universities has effectively wiped out several unhealthy practices that have so far happened in their admissions and this is the right time for the government to intervene to enforce a reasonable fee structure also,” Mr Rajendran Puthiyedath, an education expert based in Kochi told the Asian Age.
The Central Government’s decision last year to make NEET the compulsory all India medical entrance test, created the impression that this test would introduce merit admissions, instead of those encouraged through capitation payments. However, the website fee announcements seem to be busting the myth.Killing the very spirit of NEET introduction for MBBS and BDS courses by the apex court .
The Supreme Court order that a fee regulatory committee be formed by the central government for fee fixation at deemed universities has yet to come about. The MCC instead asked the deemed universities to submit their fee structures, which were then posted on the website by it, without any regularization by the body .
The Madras High Court in an interim order a few days back had asked the UGC to set up a fee regulation committee for deemed university courses to admit aspirants based on their NEET rankings. However, aspirants found it difficult to get admissions despite merit, due to the exorbitant fee asked for without prior information.
The list of deemed universities with annual fee is as follows as reported by Matrabhumi:
- GITAM Institue of Medical Science. and Research, Visakhapatnam- Rs.18,87,000
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, New Delhi-Rs. 1800000
- SBKS Med Inst and Res Centre Sumandeep Vidyapeeth-Rs 15,95,000
- M.M. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research- Rs 15,43,300
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore- Rs 10,30,000
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal- Rs 10, 30,000
- JSS Medical College, Jagadguru, Karnataka- Rs 14,71,750
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, Karnataka-Rs 11,00,000
- SDU Medical College, Kolar, Karnataka- Rs 9,00,000
- Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru, Karnataka-Rs 10,95,000
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore- Rs 13,76,000
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College DU, Tumkur, Karnataka- Rs 15,65,750
- B. M. Patil Medical College, Hospital and R.C, Vijayapura- Rs 9,35,000.
- Amrita Institute of Medical Science, Kochi- Rs 15,00,000
- Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad- Rs 11,90,000
- Bharati Vidyapeeth DU Medical College,Pune-Rs 14,40,000
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Science, Wardha- Rs 15,10,000
- DY Patil Medical College and Hospt., Pune - Rs 17,50,000.
- D Y Patil Medical College Kolhapur- Rs 14,00,000
- Aarupadai Veedu Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry-Rs 19,50,000
- Vinayaka Missions Medical and Hospital, Karaikal-Rs 18,00,000
- Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute, Kancheepuram-Rs 22,00,000.
- ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai-Rs 19,00,000
- SRM Medical College and Hospital, Chennai- Rs 22,50,000
- Saveetha Medical College, Chennai- Rs 19,50,000
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai:Rs 22,00,000
- VMKV Medical College and Hospital, Salem-Rs 19,50,000
- Sri Lakshmi Narayana Inst. of Med. Scien., Puducherry - Rs 19,50,000
- Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and RI, Kancheepuram-Rs 18,00,000
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai- Rs 21,00,000
- Santosh Medical College and Hospital, Ghaziabad- Rs 20,00,000
- BV Deemed Uni.Med. College and Hos., Sangli- Rs 14,40,000
- Rural Medical College and PIMS, Loni- Rs 10,05,000
- Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai-Rs 25,00,000
- Institute of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital, Bhubaneswar- Rs 14,90,000
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar-Rs 12,00,000
- MGMC and Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondicherry- Rs 18,00,000