Chandigarh:October 15th has been earmarked as the deadline for all registration for MD/MS (Doctor of Medicine/Master of Surgery) entrance Examination at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER).
The candidates will have to pay the application fees of Rs. 1000/- (for General Category students) and Rs. 800/- (for SC/ST students) before October 15 by filling the challan form at any of the State Bank of India branches.
Candidates who have managed to generate their challan forms before Sept,15, can pay their fee at any SBI branch until October 21. The extension decision has been taken, keeping in mind the festival holidays of the banks.
The PGIMER MD/MS entrance examination will consist of 250 multiple choice questions (MCQs) with five options for each question. More than one option could be found to be correct, for a question. Incorrect answers will have negative marking. Candidates will get a total of 3 hours’ to solve the questions.
- September 15: Commencement of online registration
- October 15: Last date of online registration and collection of fees challan
- October 21: Last date of receiving fees from candidates who have generated challan before September 15
- November 20: PGIMER entrance examination
- November 21: Declaration of results
- December 9 to January 27: Counselling rounds for selection of candidates
- January 31, 2017: Last date of completing admission for the academic session