Attention Students!! Through a recent notice, CBSE has announcd that The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 for admission into medical courses – MBBS and BDS – will be held on May 6, 2018. 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
NEET MERIT LIST
The NEET merit list will be used for admission to Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BV Sc & AH) degree courses in recognised colleges for the 2018-19 academic year.
The ministry of Ayush had also implement NEET for alternative medical systems at the undergraduate level from the academic session 2018-19.
For its postgraduate courses, the ministry started admitting students through NEET from last year.
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018 ADMISSION NOTICE
|As per the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, online applications are invited for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) — 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.|
|Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018.
The seats are classified in the following categories:
(i) All India Quota Seats
(ii) State Government Quota Seats
(iii) Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
(iv) State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
(v) Central Pool Quota Seats
|REQUIREMENT OF AADHAAR NUMBER
· For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET(UG), 2018 in all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
· For NRIs, Aadhaar or Passport Number is required for filling up of the online application of NEET(UG), 2018.
· For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PTO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET(UG), 2018.
· At the time of filling application form NEET(UG), 2018, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET(UG), 2018. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
PATTERN OF TEST
The NEET (UG) shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of paper would be 03 hours from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
(i) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PTO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018.
(iv) The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
(v) In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General category candidates.
(vi) In respect of the candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
(vii) Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates.
(viii) Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
(ix) Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2018 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
(x) As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2018-19 onward, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats.
SCHEDULE AND FEE DETAILS
Schedule for on-line submission of application forms 08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 09.03.2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (1ST)
FEE DETAILS FOR GENERAL/OBC FOR SC/ST/PH Rs.1400/- (INR) Rs.750/- (INR)
1. An All India merit list and All India Rank of the qualified candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum Entrance Test and candidates shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS courses from the said list only by following the Existing Reservation Policies.
HOW TO APPLY
1. CBSE will provide All India Rank. Result will be given to DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India to provide the same to admitting authorities.
COMMON SERVICES CENTRES/FACILITATION CENTRES
Candidates, if need be, may take the assistance of Common Services Centres for filling up the application form. The details of the common services centres are given on the website www.cbseneet.nic.in
The Information Bulletin containing detailed information of test, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear/admission, reservation, examination fee, cities of examination, State Code of eligibility, Age etc. is available on website www.cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates may, therefore, check all the details in the online Information Bulletin before submission of application form.
for more details click on the given links: