This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.

Burla: VIMSAR To Get A Six Storey Building Soon


Burla: VIMSAR To Get A Six Storey Building Soon
 Sambalpur: A Six Storey Building to run  super speciality department for Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VIMSAR) is to come up soon. The project is being taken up under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana.
 Speaking to  The Times of India, nodal officer of the project Sanjaya Mohapatra said  that a plot of land adjacent to the girls hotel  of the institute costing  One Hundred & fifty crores has already been identified.

Mr. Mohapatra further elaborated that  Eighty Crore had been sanctioned for construction, and  the remaining was to be spent on equipment.’

“The Centre has approved the project and we have already submitted the detailed project report. The Union government will contribute 70% of the total project cost, while the state government will bear the remaining 30%,” revealed Mr. Mohapatra. Land demarcation will begin shortly and construction tender floated thereafter, he further added.
 Talking about the new framework of functioning, the nodal officer informed that the new departments would include Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Clinical Haematology, Plastic  and Paediatric Surgery; while the existing Nephrology, Urology, Neurology, Neurosurgery and Cardiology  would be shifted to the new structure and upgraded as well. The building will have 60 ICU beds and 180 general beds he further informed.
 According to Mr. Mohapatra ,The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Bhubaneswar would be  its nodal centre, and the super-speciality wing would  start functioning in two years.


Source: Inputs from TOI
0 comment(s) on Burla: VIMSAR To Get A Six Storey Building Soon

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted