This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.

BRD Medical College MBBS student dies of anaesthesia overdose


BRD Medical College MBBS student dies of anaesthesia overdose

An anesthesia overdose by a BRD Medical College’s, Gorakhpur, 3rd-year MBBS student, Bharati Jha proved fatal for her. The police have termed it a suicide, committed due to failure in love based on her personal diary revelations, recovered from the spot. She was claimed to have been depressed.

Bharati was discovered dead on Saturday, in her hostel room number- 35. She hailed from Bihar and her father Vijaykant Jha, is a State Bank of India’s retired managerial employee. Ms. Jha had joined the medical College three years ago. Her father and other family members reached the hospital, immediately on receiving the news.

Bharati complained of a severe ache in her stomach, while on duty, in the gynaecology department, on Friday, and requested a junior to give her an injection. It is alleged that after returning to her hostel room, having completed her shift, Bharati took an overdose of anesthesia that resulted in her death.

Her colleagues who discovered her in an unconscious state in her room immediately transferred her to the emergency, where the doctors declared her ‘ brought dead.’

The Police claim her body to have turned blue.

 “We have informed her family members. The exact cause of death would be known only after the post-mortem report. Investigations are on and we are trying to contact people who are mentioned in her diary to ascertain the reason for her suicide,” the police told DNA.


Source: with inputs
2 comment(s) on BRD Medical College MBBS student dies of anaesthesia overdose

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted
  1. Its not anaesthesia overdose its self administration of anaesthetic drug … don’t make a false heading leading misconceptions about anaesthesia in public

  2. True…misleading headline