BAMS Admissions: 7 Ayurveda Colleges denied CCIM Affiliation, 550 seats lost
Dehradun: In a major setback to BAMS aspirants in Uttarakhand, 7 Ayurveda colleges have lost their affiliation with the apex regulatory body, Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM) after the poor infrastructure and faculty issues were noticed at the institutes.
These colleges had a total of 550 BAMS seats. In the meanwhile, 9 Ayurveda colleges are given conditional permission to take admissions this academic year.
CCIM is a statutory body under the department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH). It regulates the colleges that offer AYUSH courses.
Institutes whose affiliation got cancelled by CCIM
- Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College in Dehradun
- Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College in Haridwar
- Ayurvedic College Haridwar
- Beehive Ayurvedic College in Dehradun
- Shrimati Manjari Devi Ayurvedic College Uttarkashi
- Devbhoomi Ayurvedic College Dehradun
- Vishambhar Sahaye Group of Institutions Roorkee.
The affiliations of these colleges were cancelled after gross discrepancies were spotted during the inspection which was conducted by the CCIM authorities.
According to TOI, these colleges are planning to move court against the CCIM decision.
"The colleges were told not to take admissions and their affiliation has been cancelled due to poor infrastructure, besides insufficient and untrained faculty," said Abhimanyu Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, Uttarakhand Ayurvedic University to which all the colleges were attached.
Institutes which have been conditional permission
- Rishikul Parisar College Haridwar,
- Gurukul Parisar Haridwar
- Faculty of Ayurveda Dehradun
- Patanjali Bharatiya Ayurvedic Anusandhan Sansthan Haridwar
- Himalayiya Ayurvedic College Doiwala
- Quarada institute of Ayurveda Roorkee
- Motherhood Ayurvedic Medical College Haridwar
- Om Ayurvedic and Rersearch Centre Roorkee
- Institute of Ayurveda Sahaspur.
Students will be able to take admission in the abovementioned 9 institutes.
Garima joined Medical Dialogues in the year 2017 and is currently working as a Senior Editor. She looks after all the Healthcare news pertaining to Medico-legal cases, MCI/DCI decisions, Medical Education issues, government policies as well as all the news and updates concerning Medical and Dental Colleges in India. She is a graduate from Delhi University. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org Contact no. 011-43720751 To know about our editorial team click here