AP: Government consents to 10 percent fee hike in private nursing, paramedical colleges
Hyderabad: All management quota seats in private un-aided nursing and para-medical institutions of Telangana will witness a 10% fee hike every year as the state government has given its consent to this regular annual jump.
The state has a convener and management quota ratio fixed at 60:40 in the 150 nursing and para medical course institutes in operation.
The Principal Secretary, Health, Rajeshwar Tiwari in an order released has stated that tuition fee structure for the following nursing and para medical courses have been revised :
• Master of Science (M.Sc) nursing,
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) nursing,
• Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT),
• Master of Physical Therapy (MPT),
• General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM),
• Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (ANM),
• Medical Lab Technologist Diploma (DMLT),
• Bsc Medical Laboratory Technology (BSc MLT)
The highest annual fee hike announced is for Masters in Physiotherapy (MPT) course, the convener quota seat and the management seat for this course will cost Rs. 85,000 and Rs.1.59 lac per annum respectively.
The second in line is the M.Sc Nursing with its convener and management seats costing Rs. 75,000 and 1.48 lac per annum.
However, the government has clarified that students joining the course in the academic year 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 will pay the same fee as paid at the time of their admission till completion of course.