Open Counseling for filling up vacant Postgraduate Seats for July, 2017 session
(after 2nd Counseling) is to be held on 22.08.2017 at 8:30 AM in the Jawaharlal
Auditorium, AIIMS, New Delhi instead of 25.08.2017.
In addition, seat/s falling vacant by way of surrender/resignation henceforth till 1:00 P.M. on 21.08.2017 will be added to these seats and will be available for Open
Counseling. (Any resignation request received along with the penalty amount by way of demand draft will be deemed as resignation and the seat thus vacated will be
included in Open Counseling). However, any seat falling vacant after 01:00 PM on
21.08.2017 will be advertised in the next session i.e. January 2018 only.
The revised and updated list of vacant seats available for open counseling will be
uploaded on the AIIMS website by 5:00 PM on 21.08.2017.
The candidates who are interested in attending open counseling on the scheduled date will be required to register themselves online for open counseling on the AIIMS
website i.e. www.aiimsexam.org. The online registration will open on 12.08.2017 at
10:00 am and closed on 17.08.2017 at 5:00 PM and on the day of counseling they will have to produce printout of the slip issued to them at the time of online registration for open counseling alongwith all original certificates of qualification.
Note: – Candidates will not be able to attend open counseling without the
production of printout of registration slip issued for open counseling at the time
of online registration.
The seats available as of now are as below:
The tentative number of seats will be displayed on AIIMS Website on 10-08-2017
by 05.00 P.M.
In addition to that any seat vacated by the candidate, who had been allotted
confirmed seat in 1st/IInd Counselling, by way of surrender resignation/cancellation/mismatch of biometric verification etc., by 1:00 PM on
21st August, 2017 (Monday) will be included in the vacant seats available as mentioned in the preceding point for Open Counselling. The final list of all the vacant seats including seats vacated as mentioned above will be displayed on AIIMS Website by 5:00 PM on 21st August, 2017 (Monday).
Any seat falling vacant after 01.00 PM on 21st August, 2017 will be advertised in the
next session i.e. January, 2018
1. All those candidates who have qualified in the entrance examination i.e. have
secured not less than 50thq percentile of marks in the PG entrance examination of the Institute held on 7th May, 2017 will be eligible to participate in this session
irrespective of their rank in the entrance examination.
2. The list of candidates who have qualified i.e. have secured 50th percentile or above is available on AIIMS Website www.aiimsexams.org. and has been displayed on Notice Board of Examination Section, AIIMS.
3. The candidates who are interested in attending open counselling on the scheduled date will be required to register themselves online for Open Counselling on the AIIMS Website i.e.www.aiimsexams.org. The online registration will open on
12.08.2017 at 10.00 A.M. and close on 17.08.2017 at 5.00 P.M. & on the day of
counselling they will have to produce printout of the slip issued to them at the time
of online registration for open counseling alongwith all original certificates of
NOTE: Candidates will not be allowed to attend Open Counselling without the
production of print out of registration Slip issued for open selection at the time of
4. No authorized representative will be allowed to attend the open Counselling
5. Please note that the candidates without original certificates will not be allowed to
attend the open counseling.
6. The allocation of seats will be made strictly as per rank/merit of candidates in the
entrance examination and on the terms and conditions as mentioned in the
7. The candidates who are pursuing P.G. course or have opted P.G. seat elsewhere
are required to bring proof of acceptance of their Resignation letter/seat surrender
in original in the Open Counselling otherwise they will not be allowed to attend
the Open Counselling.
8. In case during the Open Counselling if any ST seats remain vacant (after calling all eligible candidates of ST category) then seat will be transferred to SC category &
vice-versa. However, even after interchanging the SC/ST seats, the seats reserved
for SC/ST candidates remain vacant, then these seats shall be made available to the
candidates of General Category. Similarly, in case the OBC remain vacant after
calling all eligible OBC candidates then these seats shall be made available to the
candidates who belong to General Category.
9. The selected candidates are required to join immediately after they are found
medically fit. No extension under any circumstances will be granted.
For more details visit the official website of AIIMS