The most awaited results of the prestigious AIIMS MBBS 2016 entrance exam have been declared recently on the institute’s website. The entrance exam was conducted on May 29 this year, with almost 2 lakh medical aspirants sitting for the exam. According to data released by Dr Ashok Jaryal, sub-dean of exams, AIIMS, 1,89,357 candidates appeared for the exam. Out of this, 7137 candidates cleared the AIIMS MBBS entrance test.
The merit list and cut-off will be soon announced by AIIMS. For the 672 seats offered at the institute, 2000 candidates will be shortlisted for multiple rounds of counseling. The counselling dates are 4, 5 and 6 June across the country. 337 MBBS seats are unreserved, OBC-181, SC-101, and ST-53.
Candidates trying to get AIIMS MBBS results 2016 have to visit the official website, aiimsexams.org, with clear instructions given on the website to view the results. Students can even download a copy of the results.
AIIMS MBBS candidates can check results at https://www.scribd.com/doc/315760118/AIIMS-MBBS-2016-result-Check-counselling-list-rank-wise
Toppers and Winners
According to the most recent update, Sathvik Reddy Erla is the topper of the AIIMS MBBS entrance examination 2016. Erla holds the top position across the centres positioned at New Delhi, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh and Bhopal.
After the results were announced, there are some more winners holding top positions among 100 rank holders. There is good news pouring in from different corners of India, who now stand a chance to fulfill their MBBS dreams.
- Aarushi with All-India Rank (AIR) 10 emerged as the clear winner, being declared as the tricity topper. Japnoor Kaur with AIR 32 followed close. Next on the list were Tanish Modi and Mukund Garg, featuring in top 100 AIR with AIRs 68 and 69, respectively. Aarushi is a student of Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 19 in Chandigarh
- DPS Bokari students made a mark on the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam map. K J Shruti from the school holds 198th Rank and has also been selected for counseling for the 672 seats across 7 institutes. Shashikant Kumar holds Rank 120 under the SC Category. Apala Kaundalya features 1253 under the General Category
- Surender Grover’s, the 17-year old from Haryana is the topper under the SC category, with an All India rank of 171. Son of a vegetable vendor, he took coaching classes from Chandigarh to make his mark today. Dyuti Shah of Karnal (Haryana) ranked sixth
- Sanil Garg from Patiala hold the 23rd Two more city based students, a Patiala boy Gurasis Singh Boparai, holds the 28th all India rank and Sifatjot Singh is 67th rank holder
- Lajja from Surat secured a third rank in All India ranking at AIIMS
- Nikhil Bajiya from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan is the 2nd rank holder in all-India Rank of AIIMS. More students including, Lajjaben Jayeshkumar and Mridul Sharma from Kota hold 3rd and 5th ranks respectively
- Sanjay Shah of Nadiad (Gujarat) ranked fourth, Aishvary Gupta of Firozabad (Uttar Pradesh) seventh, Kushagra Pandey of Mumbai eighth, while Ekansh Goyal of Rourkela (Orissa) bagged ninth rank.
Dr. Hemlata S. Mohan, Director and Principal of DPS Bokaro appreciated hard work of teachers and parents; congratulated Shruti for her outstanding success and blessed for her bright future, as told to the media.
Excited to join AIIMS, Surender, topper from Haryana under SC category told HT, “I always wanted to pursue MBBS as my ultimate dream is to be become a neurologist.” Ask him why and he quickly says, “There are various brain diseases which are not discussed and people feel shy to come out about them and I want to change that.”
Surender shared his success mantra. Jo karo acchi tarhan, pura mann laga kar karo aur samjho, bas mera yahi motto hai (Whatever you do , do with all your heart- that is my motto),” he said.
The 17-year-old Sanil from Patiala implied that I have achieved this rank today with my hard work and under guidance of my teachers. His parents, both doctors, were his support and also helped him in academics. His mother Dr Shifali Garg is a dermatologist in Patiala Government Medical College, while father Dr Sandeep Garg runs a private radiology lab. Sanil said to HT, “I want to specialise in neurosurgery.”
Lajja from Surat also has parents practicing in IVF and gynaecology. “I have been working hard since many years and was supported by my family. I trusted my preparations at the last moment and kept cool. I was completely focused while taking the exam,” said Lajja to TOI. She is yet to get her scores since the ranking is only disclosed by the AIIMS authorities during counselling.
“I want to become a neurosurgeon from AIIMS. I am looking forward to study with the best brains of the country,” said Bajiya from Rajasthan to TOI.