Jodhpur: School of Public Health, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur has invited applications for admission to the two years, full time, Master of Public Health (MPH) program developed to provide professionals, the critical multidisciplinary training to help tackle various public health issues and achieve leadership position.
Objectives of MPH:
On completion of the MPH Course a public health professional should be able to:
1. Identify and prioritize key public health issues.
2. Understand the principles involved in the management of health service organizations and in planning the future development of health services
3. Understand the principles involved in the economic assessment of health and of services for its protection and restoration
4. Develop competency in research and understand ethical principles relevant to public health work.
5. Encourage community participation in health-related activities and programmes.
Admission to the course:
1) Admission to the third batch of Master of Public Health course will commence from January 2019.
2) The admission to the courses imparted at the Institute is made on merit on all Indian basis by holding an entrance examination by the Institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice. The admission notice is published in leading national newspapers of India.
Duration of MPH course: Full time two years course
Method of Selection:
Through Entrance Examination only
The candidate would be selected for admission to the MPH program on the basis of written entrance test and personal interview. The successful candidates of written entrance test would be required to appear for a personal interview after the entrance test.
If two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the entrance examination then inter-se-merit for selection to the course shall be determined on the basis of the following:
a) A candidate who has made more attempts in passing MA, MSc etc examination would rank junior to the the candidate who has made lesser attempts.
b) If the attempts made in passing MA, M Sc. etc. examinations are also the same then the candidate who has obtained higher marks in the B.Sc. examination shall rank senior to a candidate who has obtained lower marks.
c) If the attempts made in passing said examination and the marks obtained in the examination are also the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to a candidate who is junior in age.
Indian Nationals: Rupees 1 lakh 40 thousand for a period of two years: 35,000 per semester (4 semesters) International Candidates: $3000.
Internal Assessment will be held at the end of each semester. At the end of the second year, the candidate will be examined both in theory and in practical examination. At the end of two years, the successful candidate will be presented Master of Public health degree.
Selected candidates must join their respective courses on the prescribed date, as indicated in their admission letter. The selection of those who fail to join by the specified date shall automatically stand cancelled.
Accommodation will be provided subject to availability of rooms in the hostel.
|1||Online Registration form||Friday, August 10, 2018|
|2||Online Registration closes on||Tuesday, October 09, 2018 at 5:00 pm|
|3||Download of Hall Ticket||Thursday, November 01, 2018|
|4||Date of Entrance Examination (MCQ based)||Monday, November 26, 2018|
|5||Date of Result of Entrance Examination||Monday, November 26, 2018|
|6||Personal Interview at AIIMS Jodhpur||Tuesday, November 27, 2018|
|7||Final Result||Friday, November 30, 2018|
|8||Date of Starting of session||Tuesday, January 15, 2019|
Number of seats
|Eligible candidates||Essential Qualification||Seats|
|Medical||M.B.B.S. / BDS/ AYUSH (Alternative system of Medicine
in India) degree
|Non Medical||Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Veterinary Sciences, Engineering
(BE/BTech) with minimum 55% marks.
Master’s degree (MA/MSc) with minimum 50% marks in
Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Nutrition, Pharmacology,
Pharmacy, Agriculture Sciences, Social Sciences or
any other Science degree.
|Sponsored||M.B.B.S. / BDS/ AYUSH/ Health Sciences degree with
three years experience.
for more details click on the following link: