AIIMS counselling to start from July 4
Medical aspirants seeking admission in the premier institute AIIMS can look forward to the counselling which begins on July 4. This is the first scheduled counselling for three continuous day’s i.e. July 4-6, 2016. AIIMS results were declared on June 14, 2016.
Candidates who seek admission in the MBBS course and have been shortlisted for the three rounds of counselling will be eligible to appear on the selected dates.
Schedule of counselling at AIIMS:
- First round to be held from July 4-6, 2016
- Second round will be held in August, exactly a month after the first round begins, which is 4th of August, 2016
- The third round is also scheduled after one month from the second round, from September 6, 2016
- If there are still some seats left, there will be open counselling held on September 27, 2016
Other key requirements
- Mandatory documents need to be carried at the time of counseling
- Key documents list includes, AIIMS MBBS Admit Card, Call letter of AIIMS-New Delhi, Date of Birth certificate, Certificate/ Mark sheet from the board for class 12th standard, Migration certificate from the University/Board last attended by the candidate, Category certificate (if applicable), 6 passport size photographs and also one set of self-attested copies of all the certificates
MD team earlier reported that almost 2 lakh medical aspirants appeared for the AIIMS MBBS entrance exam. According to data released by Dr Ashok Jaryal, sub-dean of exams, AIIMS, 1,89,357 candidates appeared for the exam. Out of this, 7137 candidates cleared the AIIMS MBBS entrance test. 672 seats offered at the institute, 2000 candidates will be shortlisted for multiple rounds of counselling. The counselling dates are 4, 5 and 6 June across the country. 337 MBBS seats are unreserved, OBC-181, SC-101, and ST-53. Reports Examwatch