6 MS-OBG seats at CMC Vellore face Recognition threat from the Medical Council Of India
New Delhi: 6 seats of MD/MS(OBG) in CMC, Vellore seemed to have fallen in jeopardy as the recent MCI PG Committee report has denied to renewal of seats not to renew the recognition of MD/MS(OBG) qualification for 6 seats
The decision was taken in the MCI PG committee meeting dated 10.07.2018, which was made public recently. This came in the view of Following deficiencies noted during inspection
1. Unit –I, II & V has only 2 faculty present; hence, they cannot be considered as PG Units.
2. There was NIL Major, NIL Minor, NIL Daycare Obstetric operation on day of assessment as well as on randomly selected days.
3. Specialty clinic like Family Planning clinic is not run.
4. Equipment like Cryo Cautery / LEEP are not available.
5. From the last 3 year data, the following has been observed:-
1 2 3
131 198 215
This means less than 1 minor operation per day, which is inadequate even for starting of PG course.
6. On assessment day 4 Professors, 1 Associate Professor and 6 Assistant Professor were not available. Resultantly, only 2 faculty were present in Unit-I,II& V on assessment day.
7. Other deficiencies as pointed out in the assessment report
Based on the above deficiencies,Taking the consideration of the Assessment Report (24.05.2018), the Postgraduate Medical Education Committee has decided to recommend not to renew the recognition of MD/MS(OBG) qualification for 6 seats granted by The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai in respect of students being trained at Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu.
The committee stated that if any, admissions done against these seats i.e. 6 till renewal of their recognition will be irregular/ illegal and not in accordance with MCI regulations (notified with prior permission of Central Government vide notification dated 21/07/2009) and will not be recognized. As per provisions of the Postgraduate Medical Education Regulations, 2000, failure to seek timely renewal of recognition as required shall invariably result in stoppage of admissions to the concerned Post Graduate Course.
"In case, the college authorities desire to submit compliance, same should be received in this office within 30 days from the date of communication of the deficiencies by the Council as specified in the Gazette Notification dated 05.11.2018. If no compliance is received within this period or compliance/ compliance verification is found unsatisfactory, it will result in stoppage of admission to the postgraduate course against the above-mentioned seats." the MCI report added