Bengaluru: 50 top doctors are vying for the position of Vice Chancellor, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). More entrants are filing applications for the post, with every passing day. The last date for application submission is August 2, 2017. The present Vice chancellor will be retiring after a three year tenure, this month.His due retirement has hastened the pace of the state government’s look out for a new VC.
The three member search panel entitled to look for the new Vice Chancellor includes names like:
- Navin Sheth-Vice Chancellor,Gujarat Technological University
- B.G. Mulimani- Vice Chancellor ,BLDE University, Vijayapura
- M.K.C. Nair- Vice Chancellor, Kerala University of Health Sciences
The man nominated as the Convenor of the Search Committee happens to be the Additional Chief Secretary reports The Hindu.
The Vice Chancellor is likely to be selected in the 3rd week of August after the Committee shortlists and suggest three names to the Governor from the following:
- K.B. Linge Gowda, Director of Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology
- B.C. Bhagwan, Professor, Surgery, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- S. Sacchidanand, Director-cum-Dean, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, who was earlier Registrar (Evaluation) at RGUHS
- S.S. Harasoor, former Director, Medical Educationare,
- B. Krishnamurthy, Director, Mysore Medical College and Research Institute
- M.K. Ramesh, present RGUHS Registrar and acting VC
- Shashidhar Buggi, Director, SDS TB and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases
- Prithviraj D.R., Director, Government Dental College and Research Institute