This site is intended for Healthcare professionals only.

New Delhi: 2 Medical Aspirants reported dead after electrocution

New Delhi: 2 Medical Aspirants reported dead after electrocution

New Delhi: In an unfortunate series of incidents, two medical aspirants have been reported dead, after being electrocuted with coolers. The news comes from two different cases reported from different parts of the capital.

The first case reports of one 22 year old aspirant from Manipur,Ringam Sungem, who was residing North Delhi, suffered from an electric shock while she was trying to switch on the cooler with probably wet hands. Her cries of help were heard by neighbours who broke into her house and switched off the power supply. By then, had fallen unconscious and was rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately, she was declared dead on arrival.

“The cooler was not connected to the socket properly and the current was leaking since the wire was damaged. She probably tried to switch it on with wet hands and got a shock. We have initiated an inquiry and suspect no foul play in the matter,” a senior police officer told HT narrating about the incident.

The second case was reported from Southwest Delhi, where another 21 year old medical aspirant, Shehzad Ali, suffered an electric shock whole putting water in the cooler.

“He came home in the afternoon and went straight to take a bath. After coming out from the bathroom, he went straight to put water inside the cooler. He did not switch off the cooler, nor was he wearing his slippers. He was also wet as he had just taken a bath,” an investigator said.

Enquiries have been initiated in both the matters.

Source: With Inputs from HT
0 comment(s) on New Delhi: 2 Medical Aspirants reported dead after electrocution

Share your Opinion Disclaimer

Sort by: Newest | Oldest | Most Voted