Pune: Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, has issued notification on the process of selection of medical cadets for commissioning in Armed Forces Medical Services as Medical Officers.
A total of 130 candidates (105 boys and 25 girls) will be selected for MBBS course for year 2017 at Armed Forces Medical College, Pune. The selected candidates will have service liability to get commissioned in the Armed Forces Medical Services as Medical Officers on successful completion of the course.
- Applicant should be a citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
- Applicant should be unmarried. Marriage during the course is not permitted. Applicant should have attained the age of 17 years on 31st December, 2017 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date He/she must have been born not earlier than 1st January, 1994 and not later than 31st December, 2000.
- Applicant must have passed one of the qualifying exam (10+2 or equivalent exam) in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in any of the four subjects. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the tenth standard.
- Those from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune.
- Applicant should have appeared in NEET-UG 2017 and scored minimum of marks at 50th percentile.
- Applicant should be medically fit as per laid down medical standard for commissioning as officers in AFMS.
- Only 10 seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates. This reservation is also subject to their making it to the combined (girls & boys) merit list of first 500 successful candidates following the interview.
Applications for admission to the MBBS Programme at AFMC, Pune have to be registered on DGHS counselling website, www.mcc.nic.in
For more details visit the official website of AFMC